About Active 12
What features does the Active 12 have?
The Active 12 has a wide feature set, which includes the below:
- 3.5” LCD HVGA (480X320) High Resolution screen
- Sunlight filter setting
- Night vision setting
- Screen capture function
- Bluetooth peer-to-peer route and POI sharing
- Heart rate monitor compatible
- Bike speed & cadence compatible
- Replaceable Screen Cover
- 128MB RAM
- Barometric Altimeter
- Barometric altimeter for high accuracy pressure and elevation data
- Height data from altimeter, GPS or map
- Fully compatible with geocaching.com files
What do I get with the Active 12 GB Bundle?
The Active 12 GB Edition Bundle includes the following:
- Active 12 GPS
- Map Card: Hi-Res Great Britain Ordnance Survey 1:50k
- 10% off Map discount voucher (terms apply)
- Access to Xpedition Premium for a 3 month FREE trial
- 2700mAh LiPol Rechargeable Battery
- Standard Carry Case and Lanyard
- Wall Charger & Multi-Country Adapters
- Car Charger
- Battery Caddy (for AA batteries - batteries not included)
- USB cable for data upload and recharging
- Documentation including a Quick-start user guide.
What can I use the Active 12 for?
The Active 12 is purpose built for the outdoors and can be used for a wide range of activites, including hiking, cycling, mountain biking, greenlaning and much more. The large colour screen and detailed mapping options provide an excellent overview of your surrounding areas. The conveneince of vast map coverage in a handy GPS, rather than carrying bulky paper maps, ensures the Active 12 becomes a vital aid for walking and exploring the outdoors.
Can I get the Active 12 GPS unit on its own?
Some customers already own the 1:50k GB map card, in those circumstances we can offer the Active 12 SOLO which includes all of the bundled accessories but no map card. We can also offer the Active 12 device only for those customers that also have all the accessories they require. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and prices.
Will I be able to use a heart rate monitor with the Active 12?
Yes - Active 12 users can connect their device to a heart rate monitor (sold separately) via Bluetooth Low Energy.
Can I use speed and cadence devices with the Active 12?
Yes - Active 12 users can connect their device to a speed and cadence device (sold separately) via Bluetooth Low Energy.
What about my Active 10?
All Active 10 maps and accessories (apart from the screen cover, due to the change in screen dimensions) will be compatible with the Active 12, though the Active 12 with its high resolution screen will show your maps even clearer than before.
Active 12 Bluetooth accessories do not work with the Active 10.