Windows SatSYNC Installation Instructions
SatSYNC is the software program that allows your computer to recognise Satmap GPS devices when they are plugged into a USB port on your computer.
(The information contained on Satmap GPS devices can only be seen on the SatSYNC window and not through Windows Explorer.)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP SP3 *
Installation instructionsDownload Instructions for SatSYNC for Windows
- NOTE: MAKE SURE TO UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF SATSYNC BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS INSTALLATION. If this is not completed SatSync will not run correctly.
- Click on the "Download" link below
- When prompted with the "File Download - Security Warning" select "Save" and choose a memorable location on your computer to save the file (e.g. My Documents, Desktop).
- Once the download is complete double-click on the file to begin the installation.
- Select 'Run' to proceed with the installation.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- You may be directed to the Microsoft website to download and install version 3.5, service pack 1 of the .NET framework before proceeding with the installation of SatSYNC. If .NET 3.5 SP1 does not work well on your machine, please let us know and contact Microsoft or your computer vendor for a solution.
*SatSYNC cannot detect the Active GPS Device on a Guest Account in Windows XP.